On July 12, 1936, Plate Mill Employees Credit Union was established in a corner of the West Plant of Alcoa, Inc's Tennessee Operations with 9 members at the organizational meeting. Holman Vincent was the first teller, treasurer and officially opened the credit union on July 9, 1936. The Credit Union grew and soon there were 204 members and the first teller drawer was created from a cigar box.
L.W. Bogart served as treasurer of the credit union from 1940 - 1947. He was the 3rd Treasurer following Holman Vincent. In 1942 Plate Mill Credit Union and the North Plant Credit Union merged with 900 members to create Alcoa Credit Union.
Marie Caughron was the first paid employee in 1948. She worked until her retirement in 1981. In 1959 Alcoa Credit Union officially became, Alcoa Tenn Federal Credit Union and began serving all three Alcoa, Inc. plants.
In 1985 ATFCU Opened its doors on Mill Street next to the West Plant. The Credit Union continued to grow.
In 1991 ATFCU Opened its doors on Hall Road, where the Main Office is still located today. The Foothills Branch opened in January 2001. It features a 3 lane drive thru and drive-up ATM. In 2003 Tellico West opened in the Tellico Industrial Park of Vonore, TN.
Today ATFCU services Blount, Loudon, and Monroe Counties. We offer over 20 ATM's, Online Banking, 3 locations, and staff over 50 employees and volunteers. ATFCU is also involved in many employee outreach programs that allow ATFCU a chance to give back to the community that has supported us for over 70 years.
- Phone: 865-977-3118
- Alternate Phone: 800-404-6008
- Fax: 865-977-0253